Some time ago I had my heart split with the plugin All in one SEO pack because there were some versions that did weird things, but the truth is that I have returned to him and I am happy, after a step by his clone called Platinum SEO pack, also very majete.
yesterday came to version 2.0 and, well, I'm pretty fly but still not quite, I'll explain …
Despite the infatuation of many people with the plugin WordPress SEO by Yoast , personally I do not usually recommend it except to learn because the truth is that for newbies it helps that little pill that you add in the WordPress editor where it shows you the Google snippet, SEO tips and those things, but for a normal use not I recommend it, and I always encourage you to use All in one SEO pack or Plat inum SEO.
Why do not I recommend Yoast's WordPress SEO? then for two fundamental reasons ?:
I've seen things that you would not believe, oops, sorry, ] I have seen how it destroyed the SEO of several sites due to poor integration with the WordPress theme used. The plugin wants to do so many things, and puts so much into the code of the page that sometimes it spoils more than fix .
- It is a megaplugin, which does many things but none perfectly and many in "automatic" . It is very comfortable " jetpack style " to install a plugin and have almost everything, but carries certain weaknesses, in addition to servitudes. For example, it includes a module to create a sitemap, but it is really a trick, much worse than Google XML Sitemaps, a whole standard; let's not say that utility to modify the system files, which should be prohibited until the age of 50 or have gone through 2 divorces . Of the automatisms, active options by defect, we talked another day in earnest.
In short, that is a plugin " apañao " to have that of " all in one ", but if you want to control what a plugin does, especially in the SEO of your website, it is better to leave automatisms and more with the speciality that Google has lately put with the automations in SEO.
] That's why I do not share the teenage crush with the Yoast plugin and I always recommend this beauty that is All in one SEO pack, beautiful in its simplicity, power and transparency of what it does ]
Now, and we go back to the beginning of what it is today: version 2.0 of All in one SEO pack has come to light, and something had to be done to make it noticeable, and I started shaking there, before agreeing to update it somewhere.
What's new? ? then some, important :
- New interface (miedito, with the beauty of simplicity combined with power)
- New module system (what I told you about the "jetpack system", even more scary)
- New performance module ( still without much chicha, and the little that has EYE)
- New options to control the " rewrite " of titles in the custom input types (an obligation, especially for WordPress 3.6 )
- Advanced settings for controlling titles in custom input types
- Possibility of showing custom meta fields normally hidden
- Visual Upload SEO status in posts, pages, etc (without colorines, thank goodness).
- The pointer to show you the news (and the mania that I'm taking
- The preview of the Google snippet has been added in the plugin box in the entry and page editor (come on, like Yoast's)
- options to mark for noindex, nofollow in all boxes
- In the settings has been added field for verification of webmasters from Google, Bing and Pinterest (this is cool)
- Field to add the Analytics ID
- Links to the plugin settings (optional) in the WordPress admin bar (not worth anything, really , do not activate it)
- … and the typical solutions to errors and such, the normal in each update.
- Oh, I forgot, now the options are no longer as Settings submenu but with its own icon below the "casita" ( bad, very bad)
I've put captures of all the news, but what's important …
Has the All in one SEO pack become a crap? Is it a cool thing but a petard like Yoast's? …
Well, fortunately it seems that no, at least for the time being because it maintains its main virtues, namely:
- ] Rewrite of titles PERFECT the most important
- Code inserted in the subject very clean, without goals that are redundant or redundant all well picked up and doing their job.
The rest are trinkets or toys to entangle, except the inclusion of Webmasters verification in Google, Bing and Pint erest, really useful which added to the verification of Google+ makes your site is connected to the basics.
The performance screen, if you ask, does not work – at least for now – practically for nothing , it informs you of what any PHPinfo would tell you and makes you a list of plugins, come on, a subnormality, in which I hope you do not dare and start to put analyzers and other crap that end up going crazy with the " SEO status " of our publications, when Google does nothing but remind us what has always been law and axiom: content is king, and what you have to worry about is to create good articles and then, that if, move them around so that people know them, but forgetting to do excess accounting positioning (how do I call it), of thinking if you have gone enough keywords or if you title is more SEO than the mother who gave birth to him and those things, is that clear ?, well that, to stop being bullshit .
And what does it do on the screen? " Performance " almost better than you do not touch it or you're sure to screw something! Bets are allowed!
You can modify PHP memory and runtime parameters something that later modify some plugins, or it will not matter what you put if your hosting has it on it, something quite common.
Now, I'm a little concerned that the thing is being dismissed, maybe taken away by the recent Yoast's popularity, to put him useless shit to look like " cool " like the "other", error in which I hope you do not incur, then in version 2.0, All in one SEO pack is still the perfect plugin for SEO .
And if nothing else, make a clean fork of guarre Rías, but for now continues to fulfill its function, and very well, in fact better than before .