Access as you do every day to your website and you will find a minimalist celestial and pristine white all over the screen. Exactly, you just visualized the famous " White screen of death ."
After a few seconds of relaxation in the face of such purity of style and content, without animated gifs or strident colors, of course without spelling mistakes, you start to feel some uneasiness, perhaps restlessness, even panic …
" Where is my website, what has happened with my colorful and striking headlines? Why does not WordPress love me? "
To which I would answer why do not you love you to WordPress?
Why do I say this ?, because surely you have some guilt in what happened, you just do not know yet. Let's see possible culprits:
- You have updated a plugin that is incompatible with your current theme
- You have activated a theme incompatible with some plugin installed
- You have updated WordPress and some plugin is incompatible with the new version
- You have updated WordPress and the active theme is incompatible with the new version
- You have activated a plugin incompatible with another plugin
- You have activated a theme without a style sheet or it has been destroyed
- You have deleted all or part of it in a boot of madness or ignorance
- You have modified / deleted all or part to fuck you the day
See how sure it's your fault?
Fortunately, it has an easy solution. For to check if the culprit is a plugin you do this:
- Without changing the active theme, you deactivate all the plugins
- You check if the "white screen of death" has already disappeared
- Yes this is how it starts activating plugins one by one and returning to point 2 to detect the culprit
- Once detected you can …
- Find another plugin that does the same and is not incompatible with your theme
- Find another topic that you like it and do not have hobbies with plugins (usually you do not use functions on your own)
- Check if there is an updated version of your theme that is not incompatible with the plugin
If you do not even have access to the administration area to disable plugins, access via FTP and rename the folder
/ wp-content / plugins / to whatever you want, as
/ wp-content / plugins-malotes / . This disables all the plugins to the brave and does not break anything. If you rename it to its original name you will still be able to use it but it will remain inactive.
If it is not about plugins the culprit may be the subject do this:
- Active some default theme WordPress (Twenty-something)
- If you already see content is that your theme is incompatible with the new version of WordPress or has the style sheet made a mess. In this case the options are as follows:
- Update the theme to an updated WordPress compatible version. Otherwise, press the developer to update it as soon as possible and meanwhile use another.
- Redownload the theme in case you did not download it well
Edition "destroyer":  If you do not even have access to the administration area to change the theme, access via FTP and rename the active theme folder; for example, from
/ wp-content / themes / my-super-theme / to
/ wp-content / themes / my-super-theme-what-does-not-shoot / . This disables the theme and activates the default WordPress theme automatically (the Twenty-foo fashion). Then you can change the folder name again, it will remain inactive.
It can also be that you have hacked the subject introducing a script in one of the files of the same. If you have a clean copy, delete the current one and upload it again. Then, of course, install a security plugin . This should be done in any case.
But, if you have already disabled the plugins and have activated one of the default themes, and you continue with the " white screen of death " it is possible that you have hacked the site or deleted something or part.
Here the options to solve it give more miedito.
Making sure that you have active a default theme and all the inactive plugins ( porsiaca ) …
- Reinstall WordPress by FTP, everything except the folder
- Restore a backup of the database (if you do not have to fuck, have ignored me, I have already warned many times that you must always make automated backup copies or make sure that your hosting provider does it for you)
Of course, after doing any of the previous steps, check that you have solved the " white screen of death ] ", Do not go to fuss brown without needing ad
And more or less like this you will have again your brand new web, with its little drawings, its little letters, all those little things.