It has cost them, but finally there is a official Twitter plugin for WordPress with which, in principle, power to dispense with third-party tools, which often gave connection problems, almost always because of Twitter, that everything has to be said.
The official plugin, available in the repository will at least guarantee us its updates, which will always allow a perfect connection with the social network avoiding those ugly widgets empty and other unwanted effects.
What's on offer? list is great and interesting:
- Embedded tweets, being able to customize backgrounds and color schemes to fit the theme design of your site
- Embedded Twitter videos
- Twitter button to share the content in a simple way
- Twitter Card s, officers, allowing the content of your site to be displayed in the best possible way by sharing it on Twitter
- Twitter Analytics to track the most shared of your content on Twitter
- Follow button to increase your followers in Twitter
- Follow up on conversion of Twitter ads to easily follow the impact of your advertised content on Twitter or create audience from it
- It is integrated into the ticket editor so you can customize it with hashtags or whatever you want when the publication is shared, very useful to get more audience.
Well either. It has a requirement that can take you head first, and that is that you need PHP 5.4 or higher and the funny thing is that if you do not have that version of PHP on your server activate it is activated but it is useless, you have the widgets or configuration page of anything, so if you install it and activate it you already know the reason.
The settings page is on a higher level, in tusitio.es/wp-admin/admin. php? page = twitter but I'm telling you that if you do not have the correct version of PHP you will receive a nice error message and it will not do you any good to have installed the plugin. The only way to detect it would be that you had active the
WP_debug something unusual.
The solution is to install on the PHP server 5.4 or higher, but go, they have gone a little hand.
Of course, if you meet the requirements works great and does well what it promises, much better than other plugins that incorporate buttons and other utilities of Twitter.
Especially interesting is the integration in the ticket editor, a jewel for the community manager which will be able to customize the diffusion of content on Twitter in a precise way , adding hashtags personalized text or even put to your liking the Twitter Card .