As you already know, Help WordPress is hosted on SiteGround for a few months, and although I had read a lot I have to say I already know because SiteGround is always the best hosting for WordPress .
And that's when we talk about WordPress hosting it's not just complying with the recommended requirements for WordPress which also, but more features and services that the WordPress user should not only expect but require from their hosting provider :
- Commitment to WordPress and their community
- Specific tools WordPress
- Support in Spanish specialized in WordPress, plugins and themes
- Maximum security for WordPress
- Complete backups and easy restoration
- Optimization of performance and speed for WordP ress
- Tools for WordPress developers
- Free migrations to WordPress
- Installations to the latest version of WordPress in Spanish at a click
- Good value for money / benefits
Does SiteGround comply with these requirements? ? Let's do a review …
1. Commitment to WordPress and its community
One of the values that clearly differentiate SiteGround from other hosting companies is that they not only offer WordPress products, that anybody can do it simply putting a self-installer, but REALLY are committed to WordPress and its community .
Not only are there SiteGround technicians who collaborate and contribute to the WordPress kernel code supports all kinds of WordPress events around the world .
It is common to find them in WordCamps and Meetups, not only as sponsors but also participating as volunteers in the organization.
2. WordPress-specific tools
There are many hosting companies that offer a WordPress package but how many hosting companies really include WordPress-specific tools?
In the SiteGround plans the commitment to WordPress includes a good amount of WordPress-specific tools :
- Restart administrator password
- Secure administrator panel
- Repair permissions of files and folders automatically
- Change of website domain
- Move installation
- SSL certificate configuration
- Delete installation of WordPress
- Included WordPress themes
- Automatic installation of plugins Limit Login Attempts, SuperCacher and Clef Secure PasswordLess Login
- One-click activation of CloudFlare
- Automatic updates Full or partial WordPress
3. Support in Spanish specialized in WordPress, plugins and themes
This is perhaps one of the main handicaps of hosting companies that even today many of them do not offer support for applications that they themselves they offer you to install.
It is something that I will never understand, why they attend to you without problem and they help you to configure the email in your desktop application and yet they decline any responsibility and specialized support in a web application that they help you to install on their own servers.
In SiteGround this they have it well assumed, and not only attend you immediately to WordPress queries but also about plugins and themes and best of all is that you know WordPress notes, because the person who takes your phone already solves the problem in a matter of minutes .
Incidentally, to see if they learn the rest of hosting companies, not just WordPress hosting, and they put a free phone to answer queries, not just the typical chat rooms and tickets by email.
There's nothing like having a free 900 line and not having to watch the clock or have a scare on the phone bill with the blissful numbers 902 and worse. In SiteGround you call 900.838.543 and there are no surprises.
It's better for advanced users, a ticket query is better, with written instructions, but for the new user there's nothing like someone who helps you directly, I listened to you and solved the problem.
4. Maximum security for WordPress
One in four websites is created with WordPress and the result of this success is also the interest of hackers in sneaking into your website, so hosting companies should offer specific solutions for WordPress in addition to the usual for all types of accommodations.
In SiteGround they take it seriously, through very specific security measures :
- Technology isolation of a single account, so that a problem in an insecure installation does not affect the rest, something vital in shared hosting.
- Latest secure versions of the server software, such as PHP, MySQL, Apache and Nginx.
- versions of PHP to a click, even to PHP 7.
- Automatic updates of the WordPress kernel and even plugins.
- Anticipation of unsafe scripts updates, applying proprietary solutions to vulnerabilidade Known s.
- Daily backups.
- Mod_security specific rules for WordPress.
- WordPress secure installations:
- The WordPress user of the automatic installer is never admin
- Automatic generation, different from always wp_ of the prefixes of the database in the automatic installer.
- Automatic generation of secure keys in the automatic installer.
- Default installation of Limit Login Attempts (to prevent brute force attacks to the access screen of WordPress) and Clef Secure PasswordLess Login (access to the WordPress admin from the mobile and disabling access through the username / password combination)
5. Complete backups and easy restoration
A basic of any WordPress hosting plan is that it offers a simple system to make and restore copies of security.
It is worthwhile that you can always install a plugin but normally they require a lot of resources of your server so the most complete and safe backups at the time of a restoration are those of hosting .
SiteGround fully meets this requirement through daily backups, which in the case of GrowBig and GoGeek plans are maintained for a full month, with what you have 30 backup copies available to restore if necessary .
6. Optimization of performance and speed for WordPress
At the moment a slow web is not conceived, the user leaves any site that takes more than 3 seconds to load completely, and most of them think about it from the first second, so it is essential to have an optimized hosting, especially for WordPress .
Any CMS, and WordPress is, requires a series of requests to the database and cross-data confirmation to show all the content of your website. It is the price to pay for offering dynamic content, and your hosting must be aware of it and take action.
In the case of SiteGround address these needs through a series of measures that help your web load faster, without you having to be a WPO expert (Web Performance Optimization):
- Dataservers on 3 continents, spread across London, Amsterdam, Chicago and Singapore, to ensure the fastest delivery from the server closest to your visitors.
- SiteGround is a partner of CloudFlare, the well-known CDN (content delivery network) with which you can offer your content in an ultra-fast way through servers of high quality and performance, and best of all, it is a free service already 1 click on SiteGround, with some extra like Railgun, a specific utility that improves the performance of your site if it is hosted on SiteGround and with active CloudFlare.
- Content optimization using MIME type compression.
- Google PageSpeed activated a Click
- Exclusive SiteGround SuperCacher plugin, which allows static, dynamic and memcached content caching, to also speed up the WordPress management area.
- 99.999% uptime
7. Tools for WordPress developers
This is rare for other hosting providers, but part of this commitment to SiteGround with WordPress is the fact to include from the GoGeek plan specific tools for WordPress developers :
- Staging WordPress a system with which you can create versions of your application or web safely before applying changes of development to the site in production.
- WP-CLI the command interface of WordPress, with which to fully manage your site.
- Git pre -installed, to create and manage git repositories
8. Free migrations to WordPress
Although it should be a basic one, there are still hosting providers that do not migrate from your previous provider, but SiteGround does not It is one of them. You can change hosting as it should have always been, without having to acquire advanced technical knowledge .
You simply provide them with your previous information and they take care of everything. In a few hours at most you have your site hosted on your new WordPress SiteGround hosting.
9. Installations to the latest version of WordPress in Spanish at a click
Either from your hosting panel or from cPanel using Softaculous, SiteGround offers WordPress installations (and other CMS also, of course) at a click, offering all kinds of configurations for a fast and safe installation, especially secure.
Also, if for some reason parts of a installation with problems, from its specific tools, the WordPress Toolkit that we talked about earlier, you can change the admin password and even repair unsafe file and folder permissions.
10. Good quality / price / performance ratio
We do not always choose the best, because many times we simply have to buy what we can afford, but no, SiteGround is not expensive, much less if you consider everything it offers.  Yes, you will always find some cheaper hosting plan, but if you look at the fine print, the features, the utilities, the service, the support, then you discover – often late – that it was not really cheap but very expensive, especially by the upheavals and problems.
Anyway the WordPress hosting plans of SiteGround are more than competitive, and in fact some have no equal in the Hispanic market.
- There are cheaper plans out there, but they offer less hosting space.
- There are cheaper plans out there, but they do not offer SSDs for your databases.
- There are cheaper plans out there, but you do not have free support in your language.
- There are plans It's cheap out there, but it does not cater for specific WordPress needs.
- There are cheaper plans out there, but they do not make you migration for free.
- There are cheaper plans out there, but they do not offer tools and security guarantees.
- There are cheaper plans out there, but you do not get optimal performance and speed for your website.
- There are cheaper plans out there, but they are not real WordPress hosting, except in the name.
Hosting reviews and comparisons
It's not only my opinion, but you just have to review the main ones sites review reviews to check, as well as the experiences of many happy users who have migrated to SiteGround.
What do others say about SiteGround?
How was the change from WordPress Help to SiteGr? ound?
Migrating this blog has never been easy, and I've been with the best hosting providers on the planet, but I have to say that the migration to SiteGround was by far the best.
I'm not saying it was easy, which is never. Help WordPress is a little monster, tender but monster with databases of more than 1Gb, lots of plugins that I can not turn off because they are used to show functionalities to readers, thousands of publications, tens of thousands of comments and many secondary projects.
But really it has been noticed to work with people who really know WordPress, who know the kernel, the plugins, who work with WP-CLI technicians of those who, incidentally, have learned more about WordPress as settings to improve performance, advanced .htaccess tricks and a few other little things that I'm slowly counting right here.
In fact, recently Hristo, one of the biggest cracks of SiteGround, until was encouraged to publish an entry in WordPress Help so you can see what this is, of what goes SiteGround and how they understand the fact your commitment to WordPress .
And, well, the performance of WordPress Help has improved a lot, even with half the resources (RAM and Cores) that I had before migrating which has much more merit …  Difference in performance before and after migration
Measurement with PHP Benchmark :
Measurement with Pingdom Tools :
What was your experience? Do you know any better WordPress hosting company? Have you tried SiteGround and you want to tell us?
Of course, whether you use SiteGround or if it is not your turn to tell us your experience . There you have the comments to express yourself with total freedom and that we all learn from the experiences of others.
Mine I think it is clear that it is being fantastic, and if it were not so you know that I would say the same. Fortunately I have the opportunity to choose the hosting company, and I host WordPress Help wherever I want, ideally in the best possible provider, and right now SiteGround is the best.
I've been through a lot of hosting companies, and really I do not have anything bad to say about them, but SiteGround is charming me, it is another level, especially with regard to WordPress, and having SiteGround in Spain, a world leader with support in Spanish, is something that was already missing , and I hope it will give a boost to the hosting market in general and WordPress hosting products in particular.
There are many good hosting companies, also in Spain, many good friends of mine whom I respect and admire, and everyone should look at SiteGround as much as possible to improve, compete with them, and offer us better and better hosting plans, more specialized and adapted to WordPress, the king of CMS, do not you think?
And if or you are clear you can take advantage of the 50% permanent discount offer that SiteGround offers to WordPress Help readers by clicking on the following image: