If you are one of those who collaborate trying the beta versions of WordPress, so that everything comes out much better, you already have the first beta version of WordPress 3.9 ready to install.
The news that we will see in WordPress 3.9 already incorporated in early version, are the following:
- Tiny MCE 4 : new version of the visual editor of entries, with cleaner marking and free of errors when copying and pasting text from text processors such as Microsoft Word.
- Widget customizer : complete management to add , remove and modify widgets with the site in view, integrated into the theme personalizer.
- Navigating themes in the installer : the theme browser that was introduced in WordPress 3.8 now t it is also available at the time of installation.
- Preview of galleries in the editor : you just have to create a gallery of images and insert it in the editor to see this nice new effect of preview
- HTML5 Galleries : in the themes that support it galleries will now have HTML5 markup.
- Upload images by dropping them directly into the editor : one step less for a usual task; There are still many tests to do but it has worked well for me, that is, they are not inserted directly but they are opened in the image browser, a bit weird this.
- Improvements in image editing : it is now easier to make changes to the images that you upload to an entry, being able to for example, cut them and rotate them without having to change the screen.
- Audio and video playlists : You can now insert audio and video playlists into the entries, not just one at a time.
- The MySQL Improved database extension (mysqli) is now used in recent versions of PHP, so plugin developers should check that they work well and are not calling functions
mysql_ * directly.
- Complete review of the auto-salvage system .
- Update of libraries like Backbone 1.1, Underscore 1.6, Masonry 3, PHPMailer and Plupload.
Do you want to try the beta ?, go ahead and do it here .
What you read is an original content of WordPress Help – Resources, themes, plugins and tutorials in Spanish and published Fernando Tellado first here: WordPress 3.9 beta 1, ready to try
Well, if you still have not gotten used to WordPress 3.7 before you know it, and before the end of 2013 we'll have here WordPress 3.8 .
After a few Alpha versions, where the definitive list of WordPress 3.8 news has been defined, you are already available to download try (and to break something) the first Beta version of WordPress 3.8
Can you really take it without trying it ?, go, come by here and take a breath.
The second beta of WordPress 3.7 is now available for download and testing, especially in the matter of automatic updates in the background, the most important new feature this version.
The novelties of WordPress 3.7 are still what we have already seen that, by way of summary, are these:
The first beta of what will be the next major version of WordPress is now ready, in which you can try and enjoy some of the WordPress 3.7 news that we have been announcing
One of the most relevant developments, which we have already been commenting on, is the update in the background which will include the language packages, including those for the default themes , if your installation of WordPress is not in English, something that all of us will appreciate.
Another novelty of WordPress 3.7 is the improvement of the password strength meter now using the Dropbox zxcvbn library which favors the strength of semantic keys in front of those impossible to remember. This is because a key with 4 dictionary words has been shown to be harder to hack than one with all kinds of characters, being also easier for the user to remember.
Also, and perhaps this is the novelty that you most appreciate in your daily use of WordPress, now the search results will take into account the relevance of what you are looking for . In the new algorithm if the keyword you are looking for is in the title it will appear first if it is only in the content of an entry or page.
If you want to continue testing the news from WordPress 3.6 you can now download the beta 3 that has just come to light. It is not a stable version yet so do not use it in active sites, but it is a good idea to try it with your plugins and themes to adapt to the new features and see if there are incompatibilities with your installation of WordPress of any kind.
If you are one of those who, or like to try new things soon, or want to collaborate with the WordPress community and do tests to see what works and what does not yet, you can already download the first beta of WordPress 3.6 ]
Announced a while ago is now available if you want to try on the test site that I created a long time ago, and if not you can download and install it on your server, which is the most recommended.
What's new in WordPress 3.6? as a quick reminder of the most striking of the WordPress news 3.6 :
So come, try it! .
Well yeah, it seems like a lie but the development of WordPress 3.6 is already very advanced and surely in hours, how much one day the first beta will be available to start doing tests , and then do not regret if some plugin is not compatible. If you're dying to try the WordPress 3.6 news you can get entangled in the WordPress beta test site .