I know I have not been using for a while now but as I know it's something you like I am encouraged again with this and this time I launch with the blog of friend Sergio (aka Dominate the world ): Re-applicant .
Note: this entry contains affiliate links for which the author may charge commissions for each sale.
One of the things that first attract attention when visiting  07] Reaplicante is his good design, very professional but personally I love the contrast offered by the totally personal and carefree treatment of it, with great personality . The nice theme ( Nexus, from Elegant Themes ) helps with a really big and colorful last-minute carousel, nice effects on the menus and a clean and broad design, which invites to read. I like less the treatment that makes the highlighted images the simple entry view, too big for my taste, but this is already a matter of that, of tastes.
Regarding the content, you can see that Sergio is dedicated to the web positioning because not only the headlines, well developed and " SEO friendly " but the content, quality and based on their professional experience
Logically, and precisely because of his specialization, he is a WordPress lover which is clearly evident in the good articles he dedicates to our beloved CMS.
And now, as it has been custom in me, I will give you some unsolicited free advice, because as always, at the blacksmith's house wooden spoon :
- Translate the subject and other elements of the blog, something that seems to have been half-baked, there are parts of it translated and others not (hom e, posted by, read more, author, comments, etc, etc). It is also striking in the cookie warning system, being a blog eminently for Spanish-speaking audiences while all messages are in English, losing their meaning. The theme is prepared for translation through .po and .mo files, so it does not make sense not to use a few minutes more to offer a fully integrated browsing experience.
- The really precious and useful theme originally has a large space for advertising in the header area, which in this case does not use, but leaves too much free space at the top, meaningless. It would be nice to modify the height of that block in the stylesheet to focus more on the first scroll in the content
- The floating box for sharing the entries in networks is demeaning with the uniform and beautiful design of the theme, as well as being repetitive since It has buttons to share in the bio box at the end of each entry. Something should also be done with those "Pin it" buttons wandering around.
- There is a lack of navigation through labels, and that of categories is not in the most accessible place. Labels and categories are not elements to satisfy organizational hobbies of the blogger but valuable navigation resources for the visitor that, in this case, are not available in the case of labels and are only at the bottom for the categories. A choice that would improve usability would be to offer these resources in the navigation bar, next to the search engine, above elements more than " branding ".
- I find rare the distribution of the menu items superior and lower. It makes more sense that in the upper part there are those that have to do directly with the reader, that add value (Tags, Categories – even if it is in a drop-down -, guest author, even contact would enter there), and leave the rest for the part lower. It would also improve, by hierarchy, the positioning of labels and categories.
- The images used in the entries, when they are linked, link to the attachment, losing the focus of the main content, especially when opening in the same window. It would be much better, even for SEO, to completely dispense with the use of attachments (thus avoiding the creation of additional urls that compete with the main permalink), and always linking to the file, if possible in a new tab, but preferably through a Lightbox pop-up system.
- I would dispense with the visual comment editor, it does not contribute much, it consumes resources and does not fit into the overall design. Also, that does not fit to offer icons to add formats and then display the list of HTML tags, gives a strange feeling of blog geek and children at the same time.
Well, and I stop, that there are always little details, and it is very common in web professionals dedicate all the attention to the clients, leaving aside the blog itself, but Sergio is a great professional, which I have always trusted and recommend and should give him a meneillo to its own space, because it has content of great quality for which it must offer its best face.
It does not leave to chance, of course, the positioning of the blog itself, with a good choice of the " goals ", a simple but well focused and distributed sitemap, a well structured topic with a well-crafted content, in which it does not neglect almost no detail.
It only lacks, under my humble point of view, dedicates I spent a little time with those other elements that also help, and I know that he takes them into account for his clients but in his personal blog he has left a little careless for my taste.
Well Sergio, I hope you do not kill me for doing this . I owed you a visit, and you know I always like to help, that's what my blog is about.
That may also help you: