Surely you already know that Google has released a new algorithm if you can call it that, called Panda . After the implementation of these new " rules " many popular sites have seen their visits fall in important ranges, not always justified to my way of thinking.
In principle, the idea of Google was to refine its own algorithm, as the link farms and portals of " copia-pega " were prevailing over the original sites, but seeing some of the first results are not giving the reason All this, and that is that many sites, with original content, with quality links and not forced, without advertising and without forced SEO have been penalized. Why?
Well it seems that Google Panda is not working as fine as it should and, although it has penalized sites that really deserved it, too is taking its toll on others many that, even with quality content, do not seem to meet all its parameters, or perhaps just the opposite.
And it seems that is valuating the bounce rate and time permanence on the site, including the importance of the "brand" of the site and this penalizes sites without a powerful "brand" behind (personal blogs for example, or academics) with a great content of quality and original that, for its extension, tend to be stored in favorites or archived in Delicious or similar that incite navigation.
It seems as if Google, in an attempt to be true to its principles, was precisely spoiling the same if not reviewed these param tros, or get to be more human and less machine . Either I'm afraid or Google is adapting to vague users, offering perhaps more popular results but not for better quality.
In addition, Google Panda is not part of the general algorithm from Google, but it is activated every month or month and a half, and works on keywords, and it depends on what is found that way, trying to improve the search results for each keyword.
Results palpable, that You can check yourself, is that always puts forward "brands" of relevance although the content is not its greatest potential, even having – for example – blogs that contribute more to the searches of users. This is partly why I say that Google Panda is not doing its job which should be to offer the best possible content to the users of the Google search engine. But hey, sure that some SEO expert will explain this better than me, that I only speak for the experiences I have and what I am reporting, which are much less than what a professional in this field will have seen.
Anyway, let's go to the practical …
What is supposed to penalize or value Google Panda?
Well, mainly, the idea is to reward to sites with …
- Original content
- Content with great depth and quality
- Little publicity
And would be penalizing, consequently, sites with …
- Copied content
- Articles with poor quality and / or amount of information
- Outdated designs
- New sites
- Much publicity
Then what can we do to try to avoid being penalized s?
Well in principle there are two different but complementary strategies, one of concept and another practice, adapted to WordPress in our case. These would be:
- Create original content, even if you are from other sources, always indicate the source and, above all, avoid copying anything as relevant as you like
- Avoid short articles that provide little beyond a link to the source original (this seems to load the theory of the miniposts). If you already have them you can do two things:
- Edit the entries and give them more content
- Create an entry that unifies them and redirect 301 of the "small" entries to the new collection
 Structure your content well, organize it with format tags
- If you have more than one entry that competes in keywords, try to unify the content in the best position and redirect 301 of the withdrawal you want to prioritize. Another solution would be to de-position the other entries (remove tags, remove keyword reinforcement, etc.)
- Always use alternative text and even legends for the images. Also try to always be in the first "scroll" to make the content more attractive
- Enamora your reader with writing. Apply the "read more …" rule in each paragraph, to encourage the complete reading of your entries
- Use a simple, clear design that facilitates navigation through the contents. Always add links to related posts, use videos, anything to encourage permanence on your site
- Wait for your site to become a veteran (here you can not do much milk if you just started)
- Encourage the "brand" of your site: personalize the design, create a logo, offer subscription to the content, create a profile in social networks where to share it, invite others to link
- Make it easier for your readers to share your entries on the networks using social icons
- Remove excessive advertising, study the most profitable and eliminate the one offered by a low eCPM
- Check the Webmaster tools of Google to identify errors in links and other
- Encourages the debate in the comments, of course they are relevant to the topic, not any comment. Do I have to remind you that the comments are also content?
Here, based on the rules they have imposed on us, we will take advantage of what WordPress offers us to avoid penalties and give Google Panda what it asks us.
- Monitor the depth and relevance of your content with plugins like SEO content control or Admin word count column which review your content and warns you of the SEO "needs" of it
- It always adds descriptions to categories, links and labels, which the authors fill in the author "bios", and always complete the abstract field manually. Come on, individualize WordPress .
- Use Platinum SEO or similar plugins and activate the "noindex" for categories, labels and all types of files. It will also serve to self-generate the extracts that commented in the previous point
- Reduce categories and labels to the essential. Above all avoid categories and – above all – similar or duplicate tags (eg WordPress and wordpress)
- Fix broken links, plugins like Broken link checker will help you wonderfully in this task.
- Use social plugins ( there are many, choose the one you like best), so you will popularize your site, in the absence of age
- Use a cache system, since the change of algorithm to Caffeine, Google greatly appreciates the speed of response of the sites  Prevent you from copying content because Google Panda is not getting the sites that copy us penalized as they should be, and even sometimes they are ahead of the original content sites
- Do not use the integration of Facebook comments as they do not contribute content to your site to be an external frame, if you want to use some better non-native system Disqus or Intense debate
I can not do it right now provide more tricks and ideas, but if you have any experience about it, we will be delighted to tell you in the comments. Or at least your opinion.
Do you dare?